Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Colour and Weave experiments (phase 2)

While I was doing the first colour and weave experiments I was also travelling in western Canada. I got glimpses of verges and fields of wild flowers with brilliant spots of colour scattered across the mixed greens of the plants and grasses. To see if I could get that effect with weaving I bought some colours and began to spin. The first job was a selection of pure bright flower colours. I also made a ball of variegated, spacing the pure flower colours between sections of grey green to see if that will work to make the colours appear randomly across the weaving.
Then I began to create mixed variations of greens.
Here is my first sample to imitate the colour scheme of a field of flowers using the pure colours. I have yet to try the variegated and the full range of the greens.

1 comment: