Saturday, 4 April 2015

Evolving pattern

pattern version 3 not the right shape
The pattern for the sparrow is gradually evolving. I made four versions of the pattern before I realized that the shape was all wrong. 

toile from version 6
I went back to the drawing board and I have developed a three section pattern that works much better. The fabric toile gave me some trouble but once that was done I could see that the basic idea is working and I needed to adjust the head a bit more. 

pattern version 7 ready to add weaving marks
The final version of the pattern is ready and I feel ready to mark the warps on the weaving pattern now. An idea is percolating which would allow me to weave the head all in one piece without the troublesome seams that I struggled with on the robin. I feel happy with the simplified shapes for the wing markings. I have an approach for fastening in the beak and eyes. The legs will come later because the method I used for the robin should work again for here.

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of your artistic abilities! Will have to go back to your robin posts and have a look now.
    Looking forward to seeing the completed Sparrow.